Teacher Training Programme in Tharpaland IRC with Resident teacher Gen Kelsang Ananda
The purpose of the Teacher Training Programme is to provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism, and to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers. This programme entails the study of twelve subjects based on Geshe Kelsang’s books, various meditation retreats, and a commitment to follow the Buddhist way of life sincerely and purely.
The programme comprises the following twelve subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
1. The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
2. Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
3. The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary Heart of Wisdom
4. Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
5. Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
6. Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
7. Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
8. The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
9. Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
10. Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary Guide to Dakini Land
11. Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
12. The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
The Teacher Training Programme takes approximately twelve years to complete and requires an enrollment procedure.
This is not a drop-in class, enrolment is required. Please contact us for details
Monday evenings 7.00 – 9.00pm and Tuesday mornings 7.00 – 9.00am
Term Dates 2019
Okt 21. & 22.
Okt 28. & 29.
Nov 4. Memorization Class (17:30 – 18:30)
Nov 4. & 5.
Nov 11. & 12.
Nov 18. & 19.
Nov 25. & 26.
Dez 9. Memorization Class (17:30 – 18:30)
Dez 9. & 10.
Dez 16. & 17.
Feb 3. & 4.
The teacher of this programme is Resident Teacher of Tharpaland Kadampa Meditation Centre, Gen Kelsang Ananda. He has been studying and practicing Buddhism for over 20 years and is skilled at presenting the deeper meaning of Venerable Geshe la’s books in a way that is relevant and accessible to all who listen.
The Teacher Training Programme is not a drop-in class but a committed programme, with several term breaks throughout the course of study. Students are required to formally enrol and complete the part of the book that they have started. Students can enrol at any point throughout the book.
Each class consists of preliminary prayers, guided meditation and reading from the book with commentary and discussion.
How do I join the Teacher Training Programme?
Contact the Education Programme Coordinator for more information about enrolling: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org