Teacher Training Programme in Tharpaland IRC with Resident teacher Gen Kelsang Ananda
The purpose of the Teacher Training Programme is to provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism, and to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers. This programme entails the study of twelve subjects based on Geshe Kelsang’s books, various meditation retreats, and a commitment to follow the Buddhist way of life sincerely and purely.
The programme comprises the following twelve subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
1. The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
2. Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
3. The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary Heart of Wisdom
4. Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
5. Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
6. Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
7. Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
8. The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
9. Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
10. Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary Guide to Dakini Land
11. Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
12. The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
The Teacher Training Programme takes approximately twelve years to complete and requires an enrollment procedure.
This is not a drop-in class, enrolment is required.
Contact the Education Programme Coordinator for more information about enrolling:
Monday evenings 7.00 – 9.00pm and Tuesday mornings 7.00 – 9.00am
2020 Teaching units
June: 8. (inkl. Memoclass um 17:30), 9., 15., 16., 22., 23., 29., 30.
July: 6. (inkl. Memoclass um 17:30), 7., 13., 14.
August: 17. Prüfung, 18. 24., 25., 31.
September: 1., 7. (inkl. Memoclass um 17:30), 8., 14., 15., 21., 22., 28., 29.
Oktober: 12. (inkl. Memoclass um 17:30), 13., 19., 20.
November: 2. (inkl. Memoclass um 17:30), 3., 9., 10., 16., 17., 23., 24.
Dezember: 7. (inkl. Memoclass um 17:30), 8., 14., 15.
Start in 2021: Februar: 1. (inkl. Memoclass um 17:30)