Healing through Positivity
How to live a Happy life
15 – 17 June 2018
Special Meditation weekend Course – everyone welcome!
with special guest teacher Kadam Bridget Heyes
We all long for happy, fulfilled lives but unfortunately in modern times we face many complex challenges and difficulties and our daily experience is so often stressful and unrewarding. By learning to integrate the ancient wisdom of Buddha’s teachings into our daily life, we can find practical solutions to many of our everyday problems and discover real meaning in every moment of our life.
On this special weekend Kadam Bridget Heyes will give inspiring teachings and guide simple but effective meditations to show how we can truly live a happy life by integrating practically and joyfully the profound advice of Buddha into our busy daily lives.
- Learn how a happy life without worry and anxiety is possible
- Discover timeless Buddhist wisdom relevant to all our lives
- Experience the practical and transformative power of mindfulness and meditation
- Train in dealing with difficult people with a positive perspective
- Develop confidence to face life’s hardships with inner strength and a happy heart
The weekend will consist of teachings and guided meditations as well as the opportunity to discuss and ask questions. Enjoy relaxing and sharing the practical implications and meaning of these simple yet profound topics in the session breaks with friends, while exploring the beautiful surrounding forest and over delicious vegetarian meals offered at this tranquil Retreat Centre, Schloss Sommerswalde.
This course is suitable for everyone with or without previous experience. Teachings in English with German translation available. Everyone Welcome!
We are honoured and delighted to welcome Kadam Bridget to teach at Tharpaland for the first time! She is the Resident Teacher at Nagarjuna Kadampa Meditation Centre in Northants, England and the NKT-IKBU National Spiritual Director of the UK and is a senior student of Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche who has been practicing for over 25 years.
Kadam Bridget is internationally renowned for her powerful teachings, compassionate heart, and for sharing her practical experience of profound topics with inspiring insight and humour. Revered for the clarity of her teachings, she presents profound ideas in a popular way that are immediately accessible and easy to practice and integrate into daily life. As a working mother of two, she exemplifies special insight into how to bring Buddhism alive to meet the demands of a busy modern life. Kadam Bridget is a genuinely inspiring example for everyone on the spiritual path.
An event not to be missed!
*If you can not make it for the whole weekend, it is possible to book for a single day only, please register on our booking form.
- Whole weekend: (no accommodation): 60€
- Friday evening, 8.00 – 9.00pm (no accommodation): 10€
- Saturday, 9.00am – 8.30pm (session times: 9 – 10 am, 11 – 12 noon, 13 o’clock lunch, 4 – 5 pm, 7:30 – 8:30 pm) (incl. lunch and supper, no accommodation): 32€
- Sunday, 9.00am – 2.00pm (session times: 9 – 10 am, 11 – 12 noon) (incl. lunch, no accommodation): 22€
For the whole weekend, price includes accommodation, teachings and three meals a day:
- Single Room: 175€
- Shared Room: 130€
- Dormitory: 103€ please bring a sleeping bag (pillowcase and fitted sheet are provided)
Arrival at Tharpaland for those who stay over night: Registration opens on Friday 15th June at 4.30pm and the weekend ends on Sunday 17th June with lunch.
Opening times for registration for those who are not staying over night: Friday Evening 19:15 – 19:50 o’clock, Saturday 8:30 – 8:50 am, Sunday: 8:30 – 8:50 am. The weekend course ends at 2 pm after lunch on Sunday.